We had a great time and I have more than enough to blog about for weeks. But first there are clothes to wash, bills to pay, sleep to catch up on. But before I nod off, several observations...
- Ireland was wonderful, just wonderful; but I fell in love with Scotland.
- The food in both countries was much, much better than is traditionally thought.
- Driving on the left is not all that hard; figuring out where you need to turn is the trick.
- Guinness Rocks!
- Saint Andrews is to golf what the Vatican is to Catholicism.
- We were prepared for just about everything but the wonderful weather.
- The place we wish we had scheduled more time was the Orkney Islands off the north coast of Scotland. It is a very special place.