Wednesday, May 04, 2005

You Look Wonderful Tonight

Wonderful TonightAmid the sad news and distress of the past few weeks was one Saturday night to remember. My sister's eldest son and his bride, fresh from their barefoot on the beach at sunset marriage at Key West, held a "Celebration of their Marriage" at a country club in Virginia.

The event was "an evening of dinner, drinks and dancing." Everything was perfect; even the thunderstorms left the area before the guests started to arrive. I had a great time, and it appeared everyone else did too. Our newest family couple sure know how to throw a party.

My nephew provided the light entertainment by asking me to give a toast. He cleverly realized I would take the opportunity to give him a light roasting as well as leading the guests in wishing him and his bride well. I refrained from making embarrassing remarks about the bride, much to the dismay of at least one table of her friends who indicated I would have had plenty of material to use.

After dinner the dancing started, the DJ mixing the songs with skill and taste. The photo shows my daughter and I slow dancin' to Eric Clapton.

So here is to Kevin and Heather, from Neil Young's "Long May You Run."
We've been through
some things together
With trunks of memories
still to come
We found things to do
in stormy weather
Long may you run.

Long may you run.
Long may you run.
Although these changes
have come
With your chrome heart shining
in the sun
Long may you run.

No comments: